Sunday, December 9, 2012

12/04/2012 From District to Zone Leader - I seek more ways to be like HE was (our Savior Jesus Christ)


Kumusta po pamilya ko!

Yay! Maraming mensahe galing sa inyo!  (I received lots of message (letters) from you all)

First, I am happy to let you know that as of this past Sunday, I have been released from my calling as a District Leader, and called to be a Zone Leader! Sobrang masigla para sa akin! (I am enthusiastic!) This means I, as well as Elder Howard (another Elder in my zone) are over all the Districts in the 15th Branch here in the MTC. I'm so excited to serve my fellow missionaries on such a scale, and I know this is a rare opportunity for me to bless other lives as they come to me for counsel and help. I feel like President Sablan in the Renton Stake. The work is hard, but the work is worth it. I love my zone! And I hope that I can be the best example of Christ as I can be.

I was only a District Leader for a week but during that week which was last week. . .
 
It was an amazing week!!  I had the chance to give 2 blessings to a Sister and Elder in my District. It was so amazing to feel the power of the spirit working through me. There is a Sister from Tonga who struggles with English, so she has a hard time learning Tagalog because everything is explained in English. She is a convert along with an older brother, and her father does not support her call as a missionary and is not please with her decision to be baptized. She has worked from the time she was 19 up until now (she's now 23), so she can go on this mission. She has an amazing testimony and a very strong conviction of the truthfulness of this gospel. I observed everyone from day one. Everyone has received packages and letters from home, yet we still complain when we go one day without anything from home. She has remained humble and quiet and I have never heard an utterance of sadness from her. She got sick last Wednesday, and she missed classes most of the day, but made it for the rest of the nights classes. She asked for a blessing, which I was able to give to her because I was the DL. During the blessing, I felt a very strong prompting that this blessing was not just to heal her from her physical sickness, but even more so to heal her of her emotional and spiritual sickness. I performed the blessing with words that came into my mind, but were not of my own. I couldn't help but think after that blessing, that the blessing wasn't just for her, but also for me. I had just written to you all how much I missed you, and how homesick I was. I felt so ashamed to have felt the way I did when I received letter and packages from home. I believed that I was called for just this week to give that blessing to her. I recognize that the Lord was reminding me my purpose here on my mission. He was telling me that I will only be successful if I keep my on single to His work. It was such a powerful experience, that I couldn't help but to cry with her within the blessing. I am reaffirmed of my mission, and I am once more humbled and shaped. This week was just so awesome!
I'm glad you all received my letters! :) I tried my best to write to you all and be as meaningful as possible. Salamat para sa pictures of you guys! I wish I were there for the Birthdays.

Nia, I hope that as you prepare for your mission, you will find more ways to bring yourself closer to Christ. You're a great example in our home, and I hope that you can continue this throughout your mission. I'm excited to hear where you are called! I challenge you, (from now until you receive your calling) to think of this simple primary song. "If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?". Happy Belated Birthday Sis, I love you so much! May you be blessed with another healthy and happy year!

Tupo, you are a light on top of a hill. Let your light so shine, and be an example of the believers! Work hard, study hard, and do not let anyone shake you of your faith. Be as the stripling warriors, and bring honor to our family. You are the only boy in the house, so it is expected that you fight for our family's standard. You are to act as you are taught. Follow the precepts of the gospel, and the Lord promises blessings from heaven, that you have no room to receive it. I hope you stay humble. Humility will be the trait that brings to pass the righteous desires of your heart. This I promise you little brother, Happy Belated Birthday! I love you!

As we enter the month of our beloved Savior's birth, I have turned my attention to the life of the Savior. I seek more ways to be like HE was.

 
“I feel my Savior’s love, In all the world around me.  His Spirit warms my soul, Through everything I see.

He knows I will follow Him, Give all my life to Him.   I feel my Savior's love, The love He freely gives me.

I feel my Savior’s love, Its gentleness enfolds me. And when I kneel to pray, My heart is filled with peace.

He knows I will follow Him, Give all my life to Him. I feel my Savior’s love, The love He freely gives me.

I feel my Savior’s love, And know that He will bless me.  I offer Him my heart; My shepherd He will be.

He knows I will follow Him, Give all my life to Him.  I feel my Savior’s love, The love He freely gives me.

I’ll share my Savior’s love, By serving others freely, In serving I am blessed, In giving I receive.

He knows I will follow Him, Give all my life to Him. I feel my Savior’s love, The love He freely gives me.”

 
I'm so excited for this month! This is the last push until I'm out in the field next month! YAY! :D Maligayang pasko! I hope you all have a great week.

Until next week, ingat po! :)

Elder Sablan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment